Contest Name: Utah Family Cover Contest (the "Contest")
Elevative Media, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the "Company"), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest entry will begin on or about Wednesday, August 15, 2012 and end on or about Monday, October 15, 2012. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to Enter:
- Beginning on or about Wednesday, August 15, 2012 log onto the Publication's website at www.utahfamily.com and follow the Contest links to register.
- Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Child in photo must be 17 years of age or younger at the time of entry and must be submitted by the child's parent or legal guardian only.
- All entries must include your child's photo and the digital signature of the parent or guardian of the child.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT (1) YOU ARE THE PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE CHILD IN THE SUBMITTED PHOTO, AND (2) THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE PHOTOGRAPH SUBMITTED. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE TRANSFERRING ALL OWNERSHIP RIGHTS OF YOUR SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAGH TO THE COMPANY, AS DEFINED ABOVE. YOUR SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THE SUBMISSION FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE AFTER IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
Beginning on or about Wednesday, September 26, 2012 by 5am MST the publication will begin online voting. Readers will be invited to www.utahfamily.com to vote for their favorite photo. Voting will end on or about 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 16, 2012.
Judging criteria voters should use for the contest is based on the following:
- Camera friendly nature of the subject
- Photo quality
Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per week. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Publication reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion.
D. How to Win:
At the conclusion of all the voting periods, the Publication will select the winners based on the photos which received the most votes. There will be one boy winner and one girl winner.
In the event of two or more contestants have the same number of votes; the Publication will conduct a random drawing to determine the winner. All decisions of the judges will be final.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
- The boy winner will receive a photography session with Joyful Moments Photography. An image, selected by the Publication, from that photography session will be used as the cover photograph for an upcoming issue of Utah Family.
- The girl winner will also receive a photography session with Joyful Moments Photography. An image, selected by the Publication, from that photography session will be used as the cover photograph for an upcoming issue of Utah Family.
- Winner(s) must fill out all necessary forms.
Prizes are not transferable, or exchangeable for any other prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents and provide proper identification as determined by the Company and reside in the state of Utah. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other newspapers or magazines, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest's sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
7. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, COMPANY WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company's release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced in the Publication or on the Website. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Publication's address, Utah Family Magazine, 369 E. 900 South #321, Salt Lake City, UT 84111. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the STATE OF UTAH, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Publication shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
10. The Company reserves the right to change the rules in whole or in part at any time and for any reason.
I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT I: (1) HAVE RECEIVED A COPY OF THESE RULES FOR REVIEW AND STUDY AND HAVE HAD AMPLE TIME TO REVIEW THEM BEFORE SUBMITTING MY DIGITAL SIGNATURE; (2) HAVE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY; (3) UNDERSTAND THEIR PROVISIONS; (4) HAVE NOT BEEN INFLUENCED TO SIGN THIS RELEASE BY ANY STATEMENT OR REPRESENTATION BY THE RELEASED PARTIES NOT CONTAINED IN THIS RELEASE; AND (5) ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY.